Bleach: Dark Chapters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Dark Chapters

Bleach RP

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
All Soul Reapers are to report to the Rukongai for the fight against Hollows. This is a critical threat level.
Ahem...Attention!
Member of the month:
~~

RP Character of the Month:
~~
Forum Mangement

Latest topics
» Color Game
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:54 am by Lea

» Hey DC people
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:05 pm by Ven

» Yuudai Sukuchi 1000 word Captaincy test PART TWO
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:10 pm by Vanisher

» Bleach Chapter 469 Discussion
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:26 pm by Vanisher

» Layout update
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 pm by Ven

» How to Set Up A Zanpaktou Profile
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 2:01 pm by Ven

» Division Captain Spot Openings - Captain - 3rd seat Test
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:31 pm by Ven

» How To Understand a Zanpaktou.
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:27 pm by Ven

» Hello there!!!
How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 am by Ven

Forum Button

Find us on Facebook

How To Understand a Zanpaktou.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ven
Admin
Ven

How To Understand a Zanpaktou. Empty
PostSubject: How To Understand a Zanpaktou.   How To Understand a Zanpaktou. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:27 pm

What is a Zanpakuto?
A Zanpakutō (斬魄刀; literally, soul-cutter sword) is the main weapon of the Shinigami, the Arrancar and the Visored. The art of wielding a Zanpakutō is called Zanjutsu (斬術; literally, swordsmanship).

Quote :

Zanpakuto Facts (broken down)

Every Zanpakutō has its own name.
Usually a name of an element or something in relation to your zanpakuto abilities

A Zanpakutō can determine whether or not its wielder is worthy of its power.
You will be able to Roleplay a spar (against a Captain-4th Seat) to go to your inner world to fight your zanpaktou, then to learn your zanpaktou's name. That is when you will be deemed worthy of its power. You can do this at 20th seat

Zanpakutō have a true form. This true form resides inside their Shinigami. A Zanpakutō has a mind, and a body that controls their powers. Shinigami are able to grow more powerful by communicating with them.
When you go to your inner world (the realm inside your zanpakuto [In your heart]) you will meet the true form of your zanpaktou, whether it be girl, boy, monster, machine. The abilities of your zanpaktou correspond with the nature (element) you pick. Such as picking fire, you might have the ability of a fireball.

Quote :
How To Further Your Knowledge

Sealed
Most Zanpakutō look like regular katana, with slight variations between them as one would expect between different swords. Their variations are commonly:
• Katana (刀): The term katana may be applied to the standard-size, moderately curved, Japanese sword with a blade length of greater than 60 cm (23.6 inches). The katana is characterized by its distinctive appearance: a curved, slender, single-edged blade, a circular or squared guard, and a hilt long enough to accommodate two hands.

• Wakizashi (脇差 (わきざし); meaning "side insertion"): A short blade between 30 and 60 cm (12 and 24 inches), with an average of 50 cm (20 inches). It is similar to but shorter than a katana, and usually shorter than the kodachi (小太刀 (こだち); meaning "small sword"). The wakizashi was usually worn together with the katana. When worn together the pair of swords were called daishō, which translates literally as "large and small". The katana was often called the long sword and the wakizashi the companion sword.

• Nodachi (野太刀 (のだち); meaning "field sword"): The nodachi was more difficult to wield due to its size and weight. The length of the nodachi's hilt varied between twelve to thirteen inches (30 to 33 centimeters). Its cutting capability and range exceeds that of a katana, due to its weight and size.
A Zanpakutō will return to its sealed state when its wielder is knocked unconscious.

Shikai
The Shikai (始解, Initial Release) is the second form (or first "upgraded" form) available to a Zanpakutō.
Shikai Forms: Requires a release command such as “Blaze, Amaterasu” (Which usually hints towards the nature) Once the Shikai is activated, the Zanpakutō will change form to access whatever special abilities (Usually 2 passive/innate {automatic abilities} and 3 other abilities {require a phrase} the abilities just go along with the elements) it is capable of. They almost always take on the form of a weapon of some kind, though the type of weapon can vary greatly among different Zanpakutō; the size, shape, form change. Requires training to achieve (May achieve at 20th seat thru 6th seat) the user has to undergo a training where they learn the name of their zanpaktou.

Bankai
The Bankai (卍解, Final Release) is the second and final upgraded form of a Zanpakutō.
Bankai Forms: After a Shinigami is able to materialize and subjugate their Zanpakutō's spirit, the Zanpakutō can assume its final and most powerful form. Unlike the Shikai, there is no command phrase to activate Bankai, though the user will usually say "Bankai" beforehand. As such it unlocks another set of abilities for the user to use. (Usually 2 passive/innate {automatic abilities} and 3 abilities {require a phrase} that relates to the element of the zanpaktou) The bankai is the strongest form of a zanpakuto and can only be achieved at a 5th seat level. The sword is usually changes size, shape, form. Requires training to achieve where they learn the final name to their zanpaktou.
Back to top Go down
https://bleachdc.rpg-board.net

How To Understand a Zanpaktou.
Page 1 of 1